Ring Door Bell Gen 1 connection issues (live view doesnt work)

Hi there,

I am a new Ring user. I have purchased a Gen1 doorbell (allegedly brand new unopened stock). All looks imaculate.

I have struggled for the last 4 days to get the thing to work reliably. I work in IT and know my way around networking/wifi and channels.

My issue is simple, the camera is constantly offline, Had it online for maybe 30 mins tops.

Motion detection, live recordings, and doorbell rings all work (Just cannot answer the doorbell).
I can ping the device on the network so it is connected. Despite saying offline it is responding to ping.

My setup is an Ubiquiti Access point UAP and a BT HomeHub5 running openwrt 19.07.7.

It always sets up fine, tell’s me its updating, then just fails.
I have done the following, but all fails:

• around 30 reboots of my router. Confirmed no firewall blocking outgoing.
  • I have confirmed there is a few access points around, but moved to free channels, as per recommendation on here, tried channels 1, 6 and 11.
  • I have setup a brand new SSID (Setup as Guest) and only the ring is using it.
  • I have purchased a cheap TP Link WA901N and tried using this. Again only device using it, still fails.
  • I have even enabled hot spot on my mobile phone and joined to that wireless network, while setting up from a tablet.
  • I have disabled Bluetooth, I have confirmed no known software that is on my phone that is known to cause issues.

Any further help or suggestions anyway has would be great.

Both my devices are android. Huawei, and Acer tablet. My wife also tried her Samsung but no joy.

Kind regards,

Paul

I

Forgot to add, Device health shows status “offline”
RSSI 32

I have 28mbps broadband and around 23 ms pings to any sites

Hey @PaulG77. Thanks for providing such detailed information on the troubleshooting steps you’ve tried. These are all of the basic and advanced troubleshooting steps that I would recommend. Typically, if you don’t have any luck even when using a mobile hotspot, our support team will have to step in and assist you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.