Ring Door Bell failure with no Tech Support

19 January 2023

I have had my Ring Door Bell for 4.5 years. For the last several months, I have been receiving 40+ motion alerts over each 24-hour period. I am unable to stop the motion alerts. I have asked the US-based technical support team for help with no joy. I replaced the original device with a new one thinking my original device was broken. Again, no joy. In addition, the US-based technical support told me I must wait for the original doorbell battery to discharge to zero before the motion alerts would stop even though it had been uninstalled. I even wrapped my original doorbell in tin foil and put it in a toolbox that is about 70 feet from my internet device. Still, no joy. This was 3 weeks ago. I have resorted to turning off my phone at night in order to sleep. This phone is my only means of communication. I am 78 years old and am seriously concerned about needing to make an urgent call.

Ring’s technical support team has lost my trust and confidence due to their complete lack of interest and knowledge in their security equipment. My next step is to replace my device with another manufacturer soon.

Hi @user33816. I’m sorry to hear that you are having this experience. Unfortunately, here in the Ring Community, we’re unable access your personal account details. Try sending us a private message on Facebook @Ring and one of our agents should be able to assist you with this further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.