Ring Door bell 2 Pro won’t connect

Hi,

We have our ring doorbell 2 pro connected and working fine then it stopped working. We reconnected no issues.

However it has since happened again and will not connect / work.

It is hard wired. The chime pro is right next to it and WiFi if not that issue as all other devices connect in that area no problem.

I have tried to reconnect via chime pro and sometimes it won’t recognize it at all other times it says it has been connected but the doorbell keeps spinning and won’t connect to app. I have tried to join just via the internet and it says unable to join. I have hard reset it, and have disconnect the old one in the app.

Unsure what else to do. Very frustrating not having a door bell even though it rings outside and we can’t tell!

Help please!

Bump! Please help!!!

Hey @Kridge13. Do you have the Doorbell 2 or the Doorbell Pro? Do you have it hardwired, and what is the power output like (more specifically if this is a Pro device)? In addition, could you take a screenshot of where in the app setup you are getting stuck at? Hope to hear back from you soon! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

It is a Ring Pro. It is hard wired. It was working fine then wouldn’t connect.

When connecting through my internet (which is fine as other devices etc work at the front door) it says join ring … but then says unable to join. If I connect via chime Pro usually it says found and then connected but it keeps spinning on the doorbell until it times out on the app and asks what is happening on the doorbell. Very frustrating! It just will not connect and it used to.

Please I would really love some support.

Hi @Kridge13! If your Ring Pro is powering up and operating its intended lights and setup mode, and the Ring setup network is showing up, this is a good indicator that you have enough power. It’s always good to double check your transformer to see the power rating.

The next best step will be to reset the Pro by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. If this does not allow a setup to complete, and it is failing at the Ring Setup network step, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.