Ring door bell 2 missing Smart Alerts feature

I bought this for the smart alerts feature but after the trial, I still do not have this. I have motion settings and so do all my other friends that have this but they have the extra box where you can detail in on motion all I have is a way to cut the screen into 3 sections this does not work.

anyone else with a ring doorbell 2 missing this feature?

Thanks in advance

Hi @mdekorte, have you made sure you have the most up to date app? You may want to remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app. Once you have, please check to see if you have the extra box for “Smart Alerts.” If not, please let us know what your app version is, the type of phone you’re using, and then under Device Health, what the Firmware states it is. Hope to hear back from you soon!

uninstalled check

reinstalled after reboot check

reinstalled check

firmware status - per app up to date

Same issue also my phone is a android samsung s9 note same as my friends and all updates are done on that as well as my friends to.

Thank you,

@mdekorte Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know it’s still not available. If you could please, reach out to our support team here. They can take a deeper look into this for you to do some more in-depth troubleshooting and report on this concern for you as needed. Please let me know how this goes!

People Only mode just appeared around 3/25/20 on my Doorbell 2 through an update. Support told me it was a staggered rollout of the update.

1 Like

Hello,

I have the Ring pro and I have the ring app versie 5.38.1.

I also removed the app en restart mine iPhone and then reinstall the ring app, but I still don’t have the optie smart.

I also read the manual chapter 4.4 motion settings where the explain the smart alerts option but I still can’t find it in the ring app.

best regards

claudia Vos