Ring door 2nd generation compatible door chime list

New to the ring family. Is the compatabilyt list for the mechaincal chimes the same as the 1st generation? I ask because i tried to connect to door bell and it would not work. I dont think i need the diode because it is now built in and resitor is not needed because of chime in circuit. One addional question, when connected to door bell system, under device health, will it change from battery to hardwire under power source?

Hi @jtfrock. If your Ring Video Doorbell Gen 2 is hardwired, it will continually trickle charge your Doorbell. Here is a step by step guide for the installation. Make sure you have the correct chime kit chosen in the Ring app under the General Settings menu for the Doorbell. If you need further assistance with this, reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.