Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Ring Door 2nd Generation Battery Life
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I brought my 2nd generation video doorbell in August 2020, and never had any issues with battery life (even in cold weather). However, the last couple of weeks the doorbells built in battery is not holding its charge. For example I charged the doorbell battery to 100% last Sunday and by Saturday morning it was already down to 5%. I haven’t changed any of my settings from what they normally are, and the doorbell hasn’t been used/set off more than normal. The Motion Sensitivity and Parcel Sensitivity are both set to the mid point (as through trial and error we found that was best for us), and the Motion Frequency is set to Periodically.

This makes me wonder if the issue is with the battery (as opposed to our settings).

17-01-2024 08:26:39

Responses (1)

J

Hi @user746032. Checking your settings for your Doorbell was an excellent step to take to address your concern. You will also want to make sure there are no extreme cold weather conditions affecting your battery life. If it is not cold weather affecting your battery, you can try factory resetting your Doorbell to see if it helps. To factory reset it, press and hold the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds, and then reconnect it to your wifi. If you have gone through these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

18-01-2024 06:36:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User