Ring Doobell Pro-White Spinning light Set up will not work

So my Ring Doorbell Pro was installed for a month and worked fine. Then I think there was an internet disconnection or something. So not I CANNOT get the Ring Doorbell Pro to connect to internet. Mainly beacuse it will not get to the spinning white circle during set up. Ive check the power…OK. I’ve pushed the reboot button on side. I’ve held the reboot button for 20-30 secs. I’ve even disconnected power for 15 minutes. Every time…the white circle does a SLOW revoltion ONCE around…then pulsates once or twice as a full white cirlce. Then it just stays at the light white circle. It NEVER does the fast spinning circle like it should be in set up mode. I’ve tried this 20+ times. I think something is fried in its programming. HELP HELP

Hi @Huskerboy. Thank you for coming to the Community to detail your experience with the device and what troubleshooting you have done. It seems you have exhausted the troubleshooting you can do on your end, so please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.