Ring does not notify when the iphone is sleeping

When my iphone is locked, I don’t get motion notifications. When I unlock my iphone, all of the notifications that should have been generated start appearing. What setting do I have wrong?

2 Likes

Hi @EdGioja. Try looking over this Help Center article here for troubleshooting notifications for the iPhone.

1 Like

I did that. Still doesn’t work right. It would seem tag ring doorbell are not critical alarms. How do I fix that?

Hi @EdGioja. Are you using Do Not Disturb or one of the Focus Modes? These would prevent notifications from your Ring Doorbell from coming through on your iPhone. If you are simply locking the phone but do not have Do Not Disturb or any of the Focus Modes on, then Ring notifications should behave as normal.

Hello @Caitlyn_Ring! I experiencing the same issue when the personal focus is turned on. I know that you said that this is common with DND/focus modes turned on, but is that even if
ring is set as an allowed app. I have all ring notifications set as allowed for immediate delivery when my focus modes are turned on. Shouldn’t they still come through?

@EdGioja if you have an Apple Watch, this may help:

Very good info. I’ve been trying for months to solve that problem. Neither Ring nor Apple Support could help on this issue. This has been the fix I was looking for and it works. Thanks.