Ring Dash Cam

I bought the dash cam because my vehicle has been a target of retaliation. According to Ring it’s supposed to monitor parked vehicles too. I also liked the fact that it was easy to install. The dash cam shuts off about an hour after I park. What is the point of having this dash cam if it doesn’t do what it’s suppose to do?… and it costs $250. It’s not worth it to me if it doesn’t function like Ring says it does…. I might as well return this & get another brand that I can hard wire to my battery.

1 Like

Hi @user41382. The Ring Car Cam has a power management system which will turn itself off in advance of ever depleting the vehicle’s battery. When your vehicle is parked, Ring Car Cam goes into a low-power monitoring mode. After a drive, the Car Cam may turn off once it detects a certain vehicle battery level in order to ensure you’re able to start your vehicle. The device will turn back on once the vehicle is started.

To control how long your Car Cam stays active between drives, you can change the Vehicle Battery Usage setting in the Ring app. This setting allows you to determine how soon the Car Cam shuts off based on your driving behavior, battery age, and the environment. For persistent power-related concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.

The toggle is useless. $50 dash cams with parking mode adapters can go for weeks.