The Ring Control Center in the Ring app enables you to view and manage:
- Account Control
- Community Control
- Privacy Information
To access the Ring Control Center in the Ring app:
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Tap Control Center
- From Control Center you can scroll to see various options for your Ring account
- Tap the icon on the right (>) to expand account feature controls
- To go back to the main Control Center screen, tap Back on the top left (< Back)
You can also access the Ring Control Center from Ring.com by logging in to your account with the same email address and password that you use to log into the Ring app. If you’re using a desktop computer, the Account option will be on the top right. If you’re using a mobile browser, tap the three lines on the top left and you’ll see Control Center as an option.
Click on the arrows to reveal more information on the features and functions in the Ring Control Center.
- Account Management: You can update your name, email address, phone number and password.
- Account Verification: You can generate a verification code to verify your account information if you call customer support, enable two-step verification by text message or use an authenticator app.
- Authorized Client Devices: Allows you to manage all the phones, tablets and computers that can log into your Ring account. If you tap on the > icon, you’ll see all the devices used to log into your account. If you want to remove a device you can tap the red trash can icon on the right side of the screen.
- Linked Accounts: Linked Accounts shows you what apps and services are authorized to link to your Ring account by having logged into your Ring account.
- Shared Users: Manage and remove Shared Users, account permissions, settings and access to Ring devices at all of your Locations with ring devices.
Video Management: Manage your preferences for Video Storage Time and Shared Video Management for all of your Ring devices.
- Note: You need to have a Ring Protect Plan in order to have stored videos.
- Video Encryption: This section shows your storage and transmission encryption settings and allows you to enable End-to-End Encryption through Advanced Settings.
- Email Preferences: Allows you to control email messages from Ring and from the Neighbors app within the Ring app.
- Public Safety: Learn about Public Safety agencies on Neighbors and manage your Public Safety Agency notification settings here. Tap the > symbol on the right to see settings for: Video Requests, Privacy Information, and Public Safety Agency Privacy.
- Neighbors: Manage the Neighbors feature that appears in your Ring app. You can enable or disable the Neighbors feature depending upon whether or not you want to receive alerts about crime and safety in your area.
- Amazon Sidewalk: Enable Amazon Sidewalk to improve connectivity with Sidewalk compatible devices. Tap the icon on the right (>) to see what Ring devices are compatible with Amazon Sidewalk.
- General Privacy: Learn about privacy and data security in this section.
- Third Party Service Providers: This section describes how Ring handles personal information, personalized advertising and essential cookies.
- Public Safety Agency Privacy: You can learn about privacy protection when local public agencies use Neighbors. Tap on the > icon to see: Video Privacy, Video Retention, Account Privacy, and Device Privacy.