Ring contact sensor(2nd generation) drains battery really quickly

I installed 4 contact sensors at the same time. One contact sensor is out of battery after about 2 weeks from installation.
I tried a new battery but it went out of battery soon after the battery replacement.
What can I do here? I bought this by the end of Nov 2020.

I tried to call ring customer support but nobody was answering.

Hi there, @zerohoon! Replacing the battery was a great call. This certainly is the best step and should not have resulted in a quick drain again. I recommend swapping this Contact Sensor with another one in the home that does not have this concern. Then check both Contact Sensors to see if the one you swapped is behaving the same way with its battery draining. This will rule out signal and environmental factors.

Otherwise, the best solution will come from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I just installed a brand new sensor and after it paired, it seems to work fine but I keep getting a message that the “battery is out of power” and I just removed the plastic tab 30 minutes ago.

Hi Marley,
The Support Team AI is not responding to the question regarding the battery issue. I also, am suddenly experiencing battery drainage from a sensor that’s been working fine for 2 years. What gives? Its there a work-around for this issue, or not?
You suggested swapping the sensors in the home. However, each sensor has its own code number. Won’t this create some confusion with the base system?

Hi @Alex12795. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? I’d suggest first replacing the battery with a new one and monitoring how the Contact Sensor performs, as well as reviewing the amount of traffic this Sensor experiences. You can also factory reset the Contact Sensor by following the instructions listed here, which will require you to set the Sensor back up in the Ring app.

Swapping the Contact Sensor with another one is to help you rule out signal or interference issues. It’s not going to cause confusion with the Base Station, as you can edit the name and placement of a Sensor at any time within the Ring app under the Device Settings tile. If this concern persists, you can reach out to our support team via phone at one of the numbers here for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.