Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Ring Car Cam - Issues with accessing recording on cloud
trending
negative-feedback
troubleshooting
I realize the new Ring Car Cam is new but there are some bugs with how to access the videos of your drive. First off, I can’t seem to access the recordings because my cam is turned off to conserve battery. But shouldn’t the recording be saved on the cloud and not necessary the camera be on? Also, I tried to download a video recording of a drive, and it said it could not download because the file size was too large. When I tried to cut the video down to a downloadable size, I got a notification that my video would be ready for download shortly. Still waiting now over 24 hours with no updates. Lots of bugs!! If this isn’t going to work I’ll just return it.

25-02-2023 02:03:13

Responses (10)

B
I have the same issue, called ring support and they told me that engineers are working on it.

25-02-2023 10:38:53

C
Same issues here your not the only one.

25-02-2023 11:29:45

T
Hey Neighbors. Thank you for your feedback on this. I've shared this insight with my team, and rest assured, they are looking into it. If you have any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your patience while we look into this for you.

27-02-2023 02:39:25

H
Same thing! U call support they know nothing. All they do is collect all of our issues. Cant access anything if the camera is off line due to poor cell connection! Crap ! Returned yesterday after spending 5 hours on w support after several calls! DONE!

28-02-2023 01:28:18

U
Wasted my 1.5hr on call, and support person was not even aware of the video storage. On top, just reading from online on how to access, even after explaining that I am not able to access when device is OFF.

03-03-2023 04:19:42

C
Hi neighbors, I'd like to offer some clarification here. Ring Car Cam supports two methods to capture recorded events: local and cloud storage. Drive events automatically begin recording at the beginning of a drive and are always stored locally. To view and download locally stored video, the Car Cam must be powered and connected to wifi or LTE. A [Ring Protect Go](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/4416525091092-Ring-Protect-Go-Subscription-for-Car-Cam) subscription enables Cloud Highlights, which capture the beginning of Motion and Traffic Stop events and immediately upload video to the cloud for immediate access. The remaining portion of a Motion or Traffic Stop event is locally stored. As a result, individual Motion and Traffic Stop events in Event History and Timeline are be made up of a local and cloud events. Live View events are always uploaded to the cloud and can thus act as Cloud Highlights. You can find an overview of video storage and event types for the Car Cam [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/13176587043348-Ring-Car-Cam-Video-Storage-and-Event-Types-). If you're running into any issues viewing Cloud Highlights or local video, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) for further troubleshooting assistance.

03-03-2023 09:57:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User