Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
G
Ring Camera Pro - Solar - Stops charging daily
solar-panel
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
I already own 3 Ring camera (plus?) with solar that function perfectly. I guess these are the 3-4 year old model, but have been working for the last few years. I decided to 'upgrade' one of them to the Ring Camera Pro, Battery, Solar. I even bought the upgraded Solar (4w). this one has been nothing but trouble. biggest issue now, the camera STOPS charging the battery on a daily basis. Unless I unplug/plug in the solar each day with the sun out, the camera does not charge the battery. The App shows the solar as "connected" but no lighting bolt signifies charging--unless I unplug and plug in daily. What a joke. None of my other cameras have this issue. Anybody have a solution? I hate contacting Ring support because it's usually someone in South Asia who I can barely understand. And I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled my camera 10 times, and I know they're going to want to do all this nonsense. I just want a new camera sent to me incase I just have a bad battery. Any ideas? I've seen others have this issue on this board but nobody ever posts a resolution. Thanks.

10-11-2023 05:55:40

Responses (2)

T
Hi @gwjoeymed. What is the battery level? That Solar Panel won't trickle charge the battery until it drops below 90%. You'll also need to ensure that the Solar Panel also need to have at least 4 hours of sunlight per day to have charging power. If this continues to happen, please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). You can also get in touch by sending a private message [@Ring](https://community.ring.com/u/ring) on Facebook or Twitter.

13-11-2023 04:35:25

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

13-12-2023 04:35:57

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User