Ring camera not notifying at night

Hi
My spotlight camera doesn’t seem to be notifying us of motion detection at night. I have checked our zones, and there are no schedules set.

It works fine during the day - any ideas? It was working great, and has now suddenly stopped!

Hi @ukdragon. Have you tested the motion detection by triggering a test event on your Spotlight Cam at night? You can walk into one of the Spotlight Cam’s Motion Zones and move around as a test event. The motion detection shouldn’t be impacted by it being nighttime, so testing it out is a good way to determine if the Camera is still detecting motion as normal or not.

Hi, yes I have, and it doesn’t pick up movement

Hi @ukdragon. I’m happy to chime in here. If your motion detection is not working as it should, try the following steps:

• Reboot the Camera from the Ring app.

• Power cycle the Camera by removing the batteries and reinserting them. If it’s a wired version, shut the power off to it for a minute and power it back on.

• Delete your Motion Zones and then add them again.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have eight spotlight cameras. Recently the schedule does not seem to be working. I set schedule for motion detection to be off 6am to 18:00. But at night the motion detection does not come on. I learned this when I found an intruder who had walked past four cameras. The app shows that there is a schedule ( blue clock icon) but the motion detection button is off. Could this be a possible conflict between Alexa and ring?

Hi @seamans. What specific device is this? Is it battery powered? If so, does your device have a full battery charge? Also, what is the RSSI for this device?