Ring camera motion sensor is awful

I am not a happy customer. The ring was not going off at all when there was motion so i changed the settings and now it goes off every few minutes and there is absolutely no motion outside at all. And why can you not contact Ring for support…this is ridiculous customer service!

Hi @Britgirl728. I’m sorry to hear that you have not been having an ideal experience with your Ring device. Have you been able to reach out to our support team on this concern? It is best to start with them since you are having lots of false motion alerts. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share what they were able to do for you! :slight_smile:

I have the exact opposite problem and would like for you to fix it with your firmware. I have two stick up cameras that do. not sense anything, even a car that goes by no matter how wide of a FOV or sensitivity I set. This is absolutely awful and sad. Please fix this with a firmware upgrade ASAP. It’s so bad these camera’s can’t even sense a car or person coming up or down this driveway no matter if it day or night and that is absolute crap sensing and detection. Sadly these cameras can not sense a vehicle passing through these zones no matter how sensative we made the response that have been set up. You people need to do a firmware update ASAP and correct this. Tech support was not able to fix this issue, so what is next? I sincerely believe this is a sensor or firmware issue and sure wish you guys would fix it ASAP since without this feature working these camera’s are worthless to me.