Ring camera light randomly turns on from time to time

I have a Ring stick up camera in my bedroom, however sometimes randomly the blue light turns on for a few seconds before turning off again.

Normally this only happens when it either detects motion, or when a live recording is happening. However when it randomly turns on, there is no motion at all. And i am the only person who uses this camera, so it can’t be a live recording/viewing either.

When i go to the history, no history footage shows up. So i am wondering, why does the light randomly turn on? Is a third party watching somehow?

I’ve changed the password multiple times, but it is still happening.

Hi @ringnoobie123. You’re correct that the blue light will turn on when motion is detected or when a Live View is activated. Additionally, you may see the blue light come on when Snapshots are taken using the Snapshot Capture feature. For any privacy or security concerns, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can review your account with you and go over any activity in the Event History. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Did you find out what this was? We are having the exact same issue, and we have motion detection turned off while the alarm is disabled, same situation with the blue light coming on for a couple of seconds and nothing in the timeline.

1 Like

Ahhh!!! That makes perfect sense thank you!

2 Likes

Same issue over here … any idea ? Motion detection is turned off but some times the cam lights turn on. No records in events history recorded . Thanks !

Same issue. Motion detection is permanently off yet blue light comes on at night for 5 seconds.
I’m suspecting it’s the Last Health Check - I believe it comes on the same time a check is done. Can you ring support confirm the device is programmed to light up the blue light for a few seconds during the periodic health checks?

Hi neighbors. We have this Help Center article here regarding the Stick Up Cams light patterns. Also, as mentioned by Caitlyn, if you have any privacy or security concerns, it is best to reach out to our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.