Ring cam view constantly disconnects from wifi

My camview battery camera disconnects from the WiFi every day, and to get it back on I have to reset it every time. It takes several minutes to connect to my echo show so by the time it shows who is there they’ve gone. I cannot talk to anyone as all they hear is broken noise and the delay for me is minutes rather than seconds. Its less than 6 feet away from the router which works perfectly well with every other device. I have reset the router too many times and it makes no difference. The battery is always fully charged, I have changed channel on the router and done all the suggested fixes, nothing keeps it connected, makes it connect to the echo show or makes it possible to speak to people.
I cannot call customer service as I am unable to speak on the phone and the last time someone responded to me they told me to call, when I explained that wasn’t possible they said there is no other way to help… Surely that’s not true? Or am I stuck with a device that doesn’t work and no support?

Hi @Dreadwitch. What is the RSSI for this device? Is it connected to a 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi, and does your router automatically switch devices between the two? I suggest adding this device to a dedicated 2.4GHz network to see if that helps improve the connectivity. I would also make sure that your battery is fully seated and there is nothing in the battery port that can cause obstruction. Let me know, neighbor!