Ring blue LED light is on continuously

Hello,

Suddenly my Ring rang even though no one was at the door. I couldn’t get it to work anymore and tried a reset via the orange button. But that doesn’t seem to work. The blue LED is now on continuously. Anyone an idea what the problem could be?

Thank you,

Koen

Hi @koenc. Could you provide a little more information? What model Doorbell do yo have? Is it hardwired? How long did you press the orange button for. What is the Doorbells status in the Ring app? This information will give the community a little more insight on how we can address this issue you’re having. Thank you!

Hi,

It is a first generation ring. It works on battery. I pressed the reset button for about 15 seconds. Now the white light is on continuously (the light is whiter than when you charge the bell). Now when I press the reset button, the light goes out after 8 seconds, but when I release the button the light comes on immediately.
In the Ring app I cannot activate the bell, the live image continues to give no signal. The bell itself also no longer responds, pressing the bell button does not ring.
Thanks for helping me out!

Hi @koenc. Thank you for getting back to me! I would try the steps listed in this Help Center article here. If these steps don’t allow you to reconnect your Doorbell, our support team may have to help get your Doorbell up and running like it should. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.