Ring Beginner - using live view properly

Hello, I just installed my first ever Ring cam yesterday (a Ring spotlight camera mounted and connected with 2 external lights). So far very impressed and plan to add more Ring cams in the future.

I just have a question about using the Ring app live view. Because I used to use a WYZE outdoor camera and I would just tap on the screen to view a live video feed from the camera anytime I wanted.

But with the Ring cam, whenever I go into Live View and then close it, it seems to have recorded the live view for the time I was looking at it.

Does live view record by default? Is there a way to disable this? There are times when I’d like to record what I am seeing in live view but not every time.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @mandkring. Yes, the Live View is recorded every time it’s activated when you have a Ring Protect subscription in place. This isn’t an option that can be disabled, but you can delete events from your Event History at any time. I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying your Spotlight Cam so far, and feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like