Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Ring Battery won't Charge
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
battery-life

I have the Ring Battery Doorbell Plus, which i bought in the summer, which has now stipped charging. I plugged it in, the charging lights came on, but after 15 hours, it was still an ora ge light, i put the battery back in the doorbell, and it was still on 6%!

I changed outlets and tried again, leaving it to charge overnight, but again it’s still only saying 6% when i put it back in.

This is the only rhe 3rd ever timenive charged it, and is only about 5/6 months old. Please help?

16-12-2023 06:01:28

Responses (5)

C
User Solution

Hey neighbors, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team regarding this. If you have plugged the battery into a standard outlet with the provided charging cable, and it does not appear to be charging, there may be an issue with the battery itself. When the battery is charging, there should be a green and orange LED on the battery, and only a green LED when it is done charging.

18-12-2023 11:27:02

U

Exact same thing happening mine , took battery out fully charged , replaced and still nothing ! Just all of a sudden this happened . Lost without it ESPECIALLY AT THIS TIME OF YEAR :sob::sob::sob:

16-12-2023 06:40:05

U

Same issue here. Third charge I think since new. Battery on overnight and still has a green and amber light. Tried 2 different cables and plugs. Reinserted battery and app still saying 18% battery.

04-01-2024 10:04:02

J

Hi @user73348. You want to make sure your Doorbell is online as well and that you are able to use a Live View. If it is online and that battery shows it did not charge after it was plugged into a charger for a few hours, give our support team a call for further assistance.

05-01-2024 06:01:26

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

04-02-2024 06:01:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User