Ring Battery won’t work Camera

I have purchased two Ring Batteries and neither of them work in my Ring camera. Doesn’t matter which side I place the battery on, i get a red light located next to the batter when I pop it into place. I believe I have a first generation camera and the batteries have different writing on them than the one it came with. Are there different generation of batteries?? Does only one type work with older cameras? Yes, they are official Ring batteries. Thanks for your help!!

Hi @Amps683. Ring Battery Packs are compatible with any generation of Ring devices that use interchangeable battery packs. Try factory resetting your Camera by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds, and then reconnecting it to your wifi. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Its not the battery or camera. I have the same issue called ring support they sent out replacement camera it worked fine until I had to replace charged battery didnt recognize charged battery. I 2 cameras with this issue. They were working up untilthe month. Ring has done something on their end to the app that has bug …they wont admit to.

Thank you for the help. I put my spare battery in, red light came on next to battery. Held reset for 20 seconds and reconnected to my wi-fi. Now new battery in slot one reads “100%”, pre-existing (old) battery in slot 2 showing message of “Add a Battery” on Ring app. So, is this an app error and not actual problem with camera/battery?? Will camera roll over to battery 2 after 1 depletes? Thank you!

That’s annoying. Does your camera recognize battery after first one drains completely? Or do you have to manually pull battery out and re-insert?

I have a new outdoor cam. Put two fully charged batteries in. (This is at my sister’s out of state home). After I drove the two hours home, I noticed that only one battery showing up. The second one was greyed out.

I’m planning to go up this Friday and go through the troubleshooting.

However, just now I checked on the app and it’s suddenly showing the first battery (down at 51%) and the second battery at 100%!

This whole thing is weird. And I hope the solve the mystery. My sister NEEDS these cameras as she has been broken into twice I think a month’s time!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.