Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
Q
Ring Battery v4 Pin Diagram & Lifespan?
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
battery-life

Greetings Ringers!

I have three Ring Doorbell batteries from 2019. They’re still doing ok for batteries that are 4+ years old.

Question 1: Does anyone have a diagram for the pins on the v4 battery so I can properly test it with a multimeter? Actually, after taking a photo, I see that the pins are labeled:

( + / C+/ D / C / - ) <–Does anyone know what these pin designations are?

Question 2: What is the approximate battery capacity for a ring battery that’s about, say… 5 years old? Would it be somewhere in the 75% range?

Thanks!

16-12-2023 06:34:22

Responses (2)

Q

Using a multimeter I was able to get these readings:

• 4.14 volts using (+) and (-)

• 14.5 mV using (+) and (C+)

• All other readings were zero.

According the the battery housing the v4 model is 3.65 volts, but my 4 year old battery measures 4.14 volts?

18-12-2023 01:46:46

K

Is it working for you? not working for me

18-12-2023 02:01:34

Q

@kkshah What is not working for you?

Not sure what you might be referring to, but my ring doorbell batteries are working. I have three v4 batteries from 2019 that I rotate out between two Ring Doorbell 2 units.

When I tested two out of the three batteries with a multimeter, they both tested the exact same 4.14V which I would think is just fine but the label states 3.65V. The only pins that resulted in a positive reading were the (+) and (-) pins and the (+) and (C+) pins. All other pin combinations tested were zero or negligible.

I’m curious what a new battery voltage measurement would be to compare and whether or not the capacity in % is about normal for their age (4-ish years old).

18-12-2023 03:48:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User