Ring battery not charging

I have an original (first gen) ring doorbell hard wired (voltage at the doorbell 19VAC). Recently I started getting a critical low batter alert (3%) so I brought the Ring inside and charged it overnight (about 18 hours total).

• I was using a 2.1amp USB port.
  • I have a USB volt/amp meter and confirmed the port was working. I also tested it on other devices.
  • The blue ring light flashed to indicate that is was charging during this time.

I reinstalled it this morning and pressed the doorbell button several times to confirm it was connected and update batter status but it still shows 3% battery. My assumption is that the batter is worn out? Does this mean buying a new doorbell or is the battery replaceable?

Hey @Jim_S. I would give your Doorbell some time to update the Device Health, as it may take awhile after reconnecting the Doorbell for the appropriate battery percentage to show up. Although, if it’s still showing 3% and your device is not operating as it should, I would recommend reaching out to our support team. The 1st Gen Ring Doorbell has an internal battery, so it cannot be replaced, but our support team can work out the best next steps for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support.

Hi Chelsea, thanks for getting back to me. It’s been several days (since Sunday) and no change, still showing 3%. Other than no live view everything else is working normally so no big hurry.

1 Like