Ring Battery Doorbell Plus - Motion Sensor does not work between 11pm to 6am. Why?

Hello,

I purchased the Battery Doorbell Plus model and I am not happy with its performance so far. The motion sensor seems to work fine (not perfect) from 6am to 11pm. Between 11pm and 6am, the doorbell does not detect any motion at all. Every day since I installed the camera it is the same situation. I have searched the community for similar posts and it seems to be a common problem. I have tried checking everything that has been suggested here and I still have this issue. Is there an internal timer in the doorbell that is designed to do this and customers can’t override it? If this product can’t detect motion in the times that I most need, then I wonder if I should move on and look for other doorbell brands. Can anyone provide any fixes/workarounds? Thanks!

Bots: Fyi, I have tried everything that you have suggested in other posts.

Hi @jafo1972. The Ring Community is a public forum where members of our team can help with general troubleshooting tips and tricks. There is not an internal timer or some internal setting that prevents a Ring Doorbell or Camera from detecting motion at a specific time of day.

You mention that you have tried suggestions from other posts. Can you share which troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried? I don’t want to recommend anything you have already done.