Ring Base Stops Transmitting Wifi Signal

My Ring Eero Base station has started dropping wifi. I noticed my phone was constantly switching back and forth between 5g and wifi. I used a wifi analyzer and found that at about 45-second intervals, the wifi network would disappear and the IP address for the wifi network would go to 0.0.0.0. In about 10 seconds it would come back online. I have reset the base station several times to no avail.

I have nothing fancy about the setup. The base station is hooked to the cable modem by ethernet and it is the only hub/router in the house.

Any thoughts?

Hi @swthurmond. Have you experienced any other wifi-enabled devices in your home disconnecting from the wifi the same way your phone is? I’d also recommend checking the eero tile in the Ring app under Devices > Ring Alarm > Alarm Base Station > eero to see if your system is noting any network or setting issues.

It happens with all devices. It is just easiest to see on the phone because the wifi icon drops off, the 5G comes back, then the wifi comes back. It constantly switches back and forth. I used a wifi analyzer and it confirms that the network is coming and going. Strangely enough, the guest network I have set up seems to be stable. Maybe there is an issue with the radio for the main network?

@swthurmond Thank you for confirming that. If you haven’t already, try disconnecting the ethernet cable and rebooting your modem. After the modem has rebooted, reconnect the ethernet cable and test things out. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look and find a resolution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.