Ring app wont let us add a second camera

Good Afternoon

We need assistance with our second camera that we wish to add to the front of our house. I have set up myself on the Ring Protect Plus plan and tried to set up a second stick cam (wireless) and the app will not work.

Could you please advise on how to fix this as we have tried it a number of times and it doesn’t seem to work

Hey @75AML! Which step of the in app setup process is this setup failing at? The setup goes through various steps such as location, naming, pairing, and connecting to wifi. Depending on where the setup is not completing, will decide the best steps to resolve. A great first step is to uninstall and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue. But and very hesitant, in fact will not unload the software for fear of losing video I need for a hostile tenant/landlord action which is why I bought the second camera. Now I wish I bought another brand and just had two software systems to deal with. I may just return the second Ring, even with the dreaded 1 hour drive each way, and get another brand and not have to risk losing all the previous recordings. I have search on line all over for the info and no where does it explain how to connect the second camera. Should not be so difficult.

Hi @spyke944. To add a second camera, open the Ring app and select the Menu in the upper left hand corner, the select Set Up A Device. Then, just follow the on screen prompts. To save video, follow this instructions in this Help Center article here. I hope this helps!