Ring App Will Not Load Live View

Hello, I am having trouble connecting to live view on the Ring App. It will just keep on saying “loading…” and never gives me any type of error message. I have to log onto the safari app on my iphone and the live view works on there no problem. I also have two other people on the same wifi, with access to the same ring doorbell, that have no problem accessing live view from their app.

Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device.

1 Like

I’ve had the exact same issue with a strong Wi-Fi connection on both the device and my phone with no VPNs. Never had an issue with live view until the latest updates with both iPhone and the ring app. Glad to see I’m not the only one wondering what’s going on with it.

This is absolutely the worst canned response I’ve seen. Given the number of times this issues pops up with people who have done their due diligence it should be obvious there are some issues with the Ring hardware or firmware.

This might be my issue with iOS, no longer works on wifi. I’ve had ring over a year and never had an issue. Currently through the app, live view only works via cellular. On home wifi, it does not work. Posted here: Live View not working over WiFi but cellular OK

RSSI is fine. In fact, the app on iPhone works when you turn off VPN, but why? I have VPN enabled on my iPhone and can see the Live View on web browsers. I can see Live View on a PC with VPN enabled. This makes no sense other than to think that RING wants you to expose as much info as possible. This goes hand in hand with Amazon Sidewalk. Share my network for a better RING signal? Nonsense. This is a software issue that RING should address.

Hi @dwuethrick. The Ring app is not compatible with the use of a VPN. You can read our response on using VPNs with the Ring app here. You may be able to adjust the settings on your VPN to exclude Ring traffic, or you’ll need to disable your VPN completely in order to use the Ring app without experiencing any errors.

If the Live View is not loading for your Ring Doorbell or Camera, please review the troubleshooting steps here. Additionally, ensure your Ring device has a strong wifi signal for the best performance. If this issue persists after checking the above, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.