Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
Q

QuiGonJohn

Accepted Solution
User Solution
Ring App - Ring Alerts keep turning off
trending
cs-support
notifications

I just noticed in the Ring App, under Settings that Ring Alerts was OFF. I turned it ON, went back to the main screen, then back into Settings and it was OFF again. We just have 1 Ring Doorbell, and Apple iPhone 12 Mini’s. We just use one account but have the app on our 2 phones. On my wife’s iPhone, it is working properly. If I go into it, Ring Alerts is ON. But mine will not stay ON. I don’t have DO NOT DISTURB on. I also DELETED the APP, then reinstalled it and logged in again. Please help!

17-01-2024 02:52:51

Responses (51)

C
Accepted Solution
User Solution

Hi neighbors, this issue has been resolved. Make sure the Ring app is fully updated, turn off any VPNs on your phone, then adjust the Ring and Motion Alerts toggle. If it’s still not working, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

14-02-2024 05:06:09

U

Hello, it is currently July 8, 2024 and this issue is still occurring! This is ridiculous we pay money monthly to be alerted and I've had packages stolen because my house hold wasn't notified that something was delivered. Please can someone tell me how to fix this issue? I have uninstalled the app and put it back, trouble shot the ring and still nothing works. 

08-07-2024 06:21:14

J

Hi @user79811. As mentioned in the solution, this was fixed with an update. If you are still experiencing this concern, the next best step is to give our support team a call for further assistance.

09-07-2024 06:58:07

C
User Solution

Our team has released a fix for this issue in a Ring app update. Please check the app store on your phone to see if you have an update available. App updates are performed on a slow rollout, so you may not have an update at the same time as another user. If this issue still occurs after updating the Ring app, please follow up with our support team to look into this further.

07-05-2024 08:25:05

U

May 25th, latest version of the app on iOS, and I still have this issue.

25-05-2024 05:12:58

U

Can you please confirm which release includes this fix? As of 6/19/24 I have the latest version available on my phone which is 5.73.0 and I'm still having this issue.

19-06-2024 09:21:33

U

I have the exact same problem, and nothing fixes it. No new updates are available, as the app was last updated July 8th, as stated in your solution. I have two devices. One intermittently and randomly turns off the notifications. The other just turns them off immediately. Like other users have stated, I go into the app, turn on notifications, go back to the dashboard and go back to the device, and the notifications are off again. I've done it about 20 times in the last hour, and it simply will not stay on. And like another user stated, I've had things stolen because I'm not getting notifications. I don't even get notified when someone rings the doorbell! To the point that people are no longer using it because it never works. For what we pay for the devices and the service, this is so unacceptable. My brother got me my first Ring for safety because I live alone. Now they serve basically no purpose at all. 

21-07-2024 01:56:56

U

I am having the same exact problem! I was on with 2 techs from Ring and nobody can figure out what’s wrong. It’s working fine on my daughter’s phone. Now they told me to contact my cell phone carrier. I can’t believe someone else is having the same exact issue. Wish it could be fixed! I did all the things that you did on my phone at least 3-4 times and nothing has worked. I literally watched the toggle switch on ringer alerts shut off all on its own! Crazy!

17-01-2024 04:42:52

P

Try removing the Device from the App, and re install it back. Go into Device Settings → General Settings → Remove Device. Then go through the install again (I had to scan a QR code to start)

17-01-2024 07:31:45

T

I’m the same and a colleague too, sons phone the same all iPhones

17-01-2024 04:48:48

P

Just installed the Doorbell Plus and got it all set up. Right after I sent a share request, I noticed the Ring Alert slider going off when I navigate to a different part of the app. Cant keep it on no matter what. Using Iphone 11. wont stay on

17-01-2024 05:59:51

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User