Ring app on ipad doesn't display the keyboard to type

Hello,

I added the Ring app to my ipad to use the ipad to set up the settings for my new stick up cameras. When i was prompted to put in the password or customize a location, etc…the app doesn’t display the keyboard for me to type, but it let me “paste”. So i had to type the words on my Note, then copied and pasted on to the Ring app. Anyone had similar problem?

Thx

Hmm, this is an odd occurrence @Amati5. Do you have any accessibility options, or custom keyboard options for this device? I recommend also checking any screen resolution settings or even the OS version of the device to ensure it is up to date. If there is a field to type in, in the Ring app, the keyboard should appear. Try changing between landscape and portrait view, as well as ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Same problem here!

The same thing happens to me on my iPhone. Were you able to get the problem resolved?

I pasted my userid and pswd as you did but, I cannot paste the 2FA. What a problem!

Hey neighbors, happy to chime in for Marley here. If you don’t have any accessibility options enabled on your phone and your OS is up to date, then I would recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. Should this concern with the keyboard not appearing persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at this and diagnose the concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: