Ring app freezing lagging during playback

Every time I log in to the app on my phone and try to play back recorded videos I can only play two or three then it starts freezing and jumping all around, becomes unresponsive and I have to close out and reopen the app just to watch the next recordings. It’s more than annoying and unreliable at this point. I have them set to take snapshots and record motion. I have one doorbell and two plug in stick up cameras. The stickup cameras are on a separate internet connection but both routers and the internet service have over 150mbps so it’s not the internet and it’s not the connection.

Hi @Brzzzz. What is the RSSI for each of your devices? This can be found on the Device Health screen and helps indicate how strong the wifi connection for that device is. If this is on the higher end, it could be impacting the video recording and could cause the recorded videos to be black or to be lagging. You can read more about RSSI in our Community Post here. You can also uninstall the Ring App, restart your phone to clear the cache, and reinstall the Ring App. This can also help clear up app performance issues like the ones you’re experiencing.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. My wifi is blisteringly fast. It’s not a wifi connection. It’s the app. Not the first time this has happened. Hope they fix it. Makes ring nearly useless.

It’s the app that is lagging. If I try and forward a video via messenger, it lags the entire system. I can type like one or two characters. Then it freezes. If I keep typing, it caches what I’m typing. Then when ring “let’s go” the rest of what I typed shows up and I can send the message.

@Enrol604 Have you tried the steps I recommended with the Ring App? Typically uninstalling the app, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the app will help clear up performance issues like what you’re experiencing. Additionally, you can try out the Rapid Ring App, which is a companion to the Ring App, and is designed to allow you to access Live View and answer notifications more quickly.

If those suggestions don’t help, you may want to contact our support team directly so they can take a deeper look into this for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I will give it a try

Same here. Been happening since January. 2 tickets open with ring support. Everyone is concerned on the phone but when you ask status via email no one replies.

It’s garbage. It’s happening on 2 iPhones, my wife’s and my own. Support always says “no one else has this problem”. Today I learned that the are full of it.

RING- FIX YOUR JUNK.

Same issue as of January I upgraded to the latest iOS and I’ve been freezing problems ever since. I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling clearing the ache, only using Wi-Fi, and every combination. It’s still freezes up. I have a ticket with Support second level and they still have not been able to fix it. Pretty frustrated have lots of cameras can’t use them

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.