Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
C
Ring app freezing lagging during playback and pause
app-settings
troubleshooting

Since the most recent Ring app update (XXXX), I’ve noticed there is a delay when pressing play or pausing on events within the app. I press pause but the event still plays 2-3 seconds. It also lags when rewinding events too/watching events back.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and I have tested it on an iPhone 8plus and an iPad (XXXX), same issue.

08-03-2024 10:40:18

Responses (7)

T

Hi @CYoung. Try rebooting your phone and close out any apps that might be running in the background. I just attempted to replicate this on my iPhone and was unable to have the same experience.

11-03-2024 07:46:27

M

Same problem with jumping videos, lag and some pixilation on both an iPhone and iPad with this latest version, XXXX. Both devices are shut down regularly.

11-03-2024 08:11:18

C

Hi @Mike55. Test out the Ring app on each device using wifi only and cellular data only. This can help narrow down if the problem is related to a particular connection or not. Additionally, make sure the operating software is updated on the iPhone and iPad.

15-03-2024 06:15:22

M

I’ve tested using both cellular data and WIFI. Both of my Apple devices are on the latest operating systems.
This problem occurred with the latest Ring update, immediately after the update was installed. This problem is frustrating and is a problem with the application not the users hardware.
To be clear, this problem is only occurring during use with the timeline view on each camera.

18-03-2024 11:00:18

C

@Mike55 Thank you for clarifying that this is related specifically to the Event History Timeline. Do videos load without issue from the Event History tab, as opposed to the timeline? If possible, please also share a short video recording of the issues you’re seeing with the timeline. Lastly, which model of iPhone and iPad do you have, and what is the OS for each?

19-03-2024 08:57:31

M

My Apple Devices are iPad Pro 11 and iPhone XR, both on iOS XXXX
Attached is a screen video of the problem. I use the Timeline View primarily and have since it was first introduced, over the History View to quickly scroll through events to see what had triggered motion.

I generally only use History if an event requires more detail. I have not experienced a problem using History in this latest version.

The Timeline View upon initial load seems to miss many frames, appearing to jump further into the video, causing me to scroll back many times to try and view the object causing the detection.

Doing this back scrolling is probably making the problem seem worse. This problem was never experienced until this latest Ring version, XXXX

I just now tried to upload the video capture and it is not allowed. It is a .mov file.

file.

20-03-2024 04:32:13

C

@Mike55 If you can convert the video file to an .mp4, it should allow you to upload it here. You can also upload the video on a video hosting site, such as YouTube, and then share the link here.

22-03-2024 06:17:25

M

The latest Ring version, XXXX installed yesterday corrected the problem.

22-03-2024 07:40:30

C

@Mike55 Thanks for that update, I’m glad to hear the problem has been resolved with Ring app version XXXX. If you notice the problem arises again, feel free to let us know, or you can get in touch with our support team at one of the numbers here.

25-03-2024 03:02:17

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User