Ring App Corruption and Ring Alarm Deletion

I have a ring alarm with many sensors and add-ons all working great for over 1 year. One day I saw a corruption in the app setting with a device with an unknown name or purpose. I eventually delete the corrupt item and the next thing I see is that my actual alarm is deleted from my app!

Now my devices still chime and I hear doors opening and motion detectors pinging etc but I can arm or do anything else with my alarm as it isn’t in my app. When I run my app and want to reinstall it it doesn’t seem to allow me to do that. I have like 10 door sensors, several motion detectors, doorbell, many outdoor lights, several cameras, etc. I don’t want to reset and reinstall all of this.

Is there a way to get my ring alarm installed back into my app without losing everything?

John

Thanks for sharing this experience with us, @jmarchese! This is certainly odd to hear of, and should not be happening. In your Ring app on your mobile device, please check that the proper location is selected and being viewed. This can be done from the top of most in app pages, or from the main menu of the Ring app.

I recommend also logging in at Ring.com via web browser, or even on another mobile device, to confirm the Alarm system is showing on your account. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.