Ring App 5.48.0

Updated yesterday, 1/18/22 to latest Ring app version (5.48.0). Ever since, the app shows that my doorbell pro cam and Floodlight cam have 9 notification and 4 notifications, respectively, and they won’t clear when I check the histories. Also, if I go to delete anything from the history by pressing the 3 dots on the right and then pressing delete, it deletes the video above or below the one I actually want to delete. Finally, there needs to be a way to turn off the timeline.

5 Likes

My app is doing the same thing in regards to the notifications. All my cameras are showing 9+ notifications regardless of whether or not I’ve viewed the new notifications.

3 Likes

same problem here. please fix this ASAP!

3 Likes

Thank you for this feedback, neighbors! We’re sorry to hear the new event bubble is not functioning correctly; rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, feel free to share any further observations here, and we will share it with our teams. As always, you are welcome to reach out to our support team if further assistance is needed with anything. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Install of Ring App version 5.48.0, found that the alert icon count on each camera does not reset and disappear after videos have been viewed. They also do not disappear after videos have been deleted. Found the only way to reset the badge notifications is to restart the application. Using iPhone 10R on iOS 15.2.

3 Likes

I am having the same problem with the badge icon count not resetting after viewing videos. All mine are displaying 9+. Ring app version 5.48.0. iPhone XR on iOS 15.2. Hopefully the release a fix soon.

2 Likes

Mike55 -

I’m experiencing the same problems.

On the Ring app Dashboard, the “Number” badge icon on each Camera Preview Tile does NOT reset/disappear if you:

• View video clips
  • Delete video clips

I noticed the problems on a device running:

• iPadOS (version 15.2.1)
  • Ring app (version 5.48.0)
2 Likes

Same here. Also doesn’t seem to update the mini live view/thumbnail unless I actually click into live view. Another regrettable update…

1 Like

They fix one thing and break two more. You would think something this simple would be noticed right away before release. Very frustrating, always afraid to install a new version.

2 Likes

Same issue for me to,

1 Like

Mike55 -

When you say:

“Found the only way to reset the badge notifications is to restart the application.”

… can you be more specific? I assume you don’t mean to simply quit the Ring app and reopen it. (If that is what you mean – the technique does NOT seem to reset the number badges on an iPadOS device.)

1 Like

Same issue here. Only way I found to clear it was to fully delete everything in the history. Running iOS 15.2.1

3 Likes

Yes, to be more specific, I close the app, then tap the desktop to reveal last used apps, hold my finger on the Ring app and swipe it off of the screen. This will reset the alert icons.

2 Likes

Mike55 -

Thanks for the information.

I’ve tried a variety of troubleshooting techniques , but nothing I’ve done fixes the problems.

1 Like

Ring Moderators -

The various “number badge” problems associated with the Camera Preview Tiles are very easy to (consistently) reproduce.

Thus, if whoever is in charge of fixing the problems doesn’t instantly recognize the problems and know exactly how to fix them… they need to “jump on” this thread and establish a dialog with the Ring users who are experiencing the problems.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem. Ring support has told me this problem has been escalated but can not give me an estimate when it will be fixed. I feel this is unacceptable and requested a method to revert back to the last version of the app but support claims this is impossible. As a software engineer, I would have been terminated for such an egregious foul up.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. I spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday and Support could not tell me what was wrong. I found this today that everyone was having the same problem. Can you at least tell your own support team this is an issue?

3 Likes

I have a Ring support person named Maria that I directly email requesting status updates. She always replies that there is no status update on the fix. If anyone has this problem and not reported it to Ring support they should do so immediately.

2 Likes

Bil -

I don’t understand why you are advocating that each user individually report these problems to Ring Support. What purpose would it serve?

Ring seemingly already has more than enough information provided by Ring app IOS (and iPadOS) users who called Tech Support and/or posted complaints on Ring Community to quickly find and fix these easily reproducible problems.

1 Like

My thought is Ring technical support might prioritize what bugs get fixed first based on number of complaints … thinking more uses reporting this problem would bump up its priority. Maybe I am wrong about how Ring decides what to fix first.