In both the Ring and Neighbors app - Ring doesn’t recognize my location. I assume it has something to do with my home being a new build, but even though professional monitoring is active, I can’t use any of the other location-based features (like the geofence). If I scroll to the map. It simply shows a map of the world and cannot identify where I am / where the home is. My account has the same issue on neighbors. I log in but cannot get any text to show up, it simply spins indefinitely. If I scroll to “map” it again simply shows the world and cannot locate where I am. I already dis-engaged professional monitoring to reset my location / address to no avail. Thanks for any help!
Hi @BigTuna41. Try following the steps below to update the address by re-entering it in the settings:
- Ensure your Ring app is up to date.
- Open the the Main Menu in the Ring app by tapping on the three lines on the top left corner.
- Confirm the location you would like to update is selected at the top, then select Settings .
- Select Change Address.
- Tap Edit Address.
- Note: If you have Professional Monitoring as part of your Ring Alarm, you will be switched to self-monitoring. You will need to update your preference in the monitoring section in the Ring app to Professional Monitoring, this will confirm your updated address for monitoring.
- Input your address, when you begin typing it should auto populate options in a drop down that you can choose from. Choose the correct address from the drop down.
- Confirm your address is correct on the map.
- Confirm the name you’d like for your Location.
Sometimes choosing the address from the drop down rather than completely manually entering it in can do the trick. If that doesn’t help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can review your account settings in more depth. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.