Ring and Bluetooth

I am having trouble with my iphone and bluetooth in the car and the ring notifications. The only way the ring notification works is when bluetooth is disconnected.

Hey @mariann ! With Ring Doorbells and Cams, being Wifi enabled devices, it is possible that there was some interference between your mobile phone’s bluetooth and connecting to video in the Ring app. We recommend disabling bluetooth prior to streaming an event, for the best experience and optimal connection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I disconnected bluetooth and the ring works. However, I cannot connect my phone. I cannot get motion alerts with the bluetooth activated.

I have the same issue with three different phones and one tablet, (Samsung S22 Ultra, Samsung S21, Oneplus 8T, and a Galaxy Tab A, a truck, an SUV and a car that all have Bluetooth. Why can’t the live app share the Bluetooth, for instant My S22 Ultra, use three BT Devices, it connects to my home phone, my Smart Watch, My Libre 14 Day Diabetes sensor… So, RING Support why can’t the Ring Live view act like the rest of the Bluetooth world. I do notice when I turn bluetooth off on my S22 Ultra the volume slider indicates Bluetooth volume for live view…