Ring already has a user - who then?

Hi,

I am helping my friend with his ring doorbell and camera.

Please, see photos.

When he starts the app on his iPhone, no device or camera is there.

When we open the ring app on the imac, there is no device there either.

We have pressed the orange button on the back and made it change to blue from white light.

Connected it to the network, but it says in the end that there is already a user on it - who then?

We do not see any other users or names.

We are trying to set up a new Devices but it has failed 7 times….

We have created an account with login and received verification but we do not get it to work.

What are we doing wrong?

Can you factory set them in any way?

Sincerely

Hi @MrAgnvik. Based on that screenshot, it looks like the Ring device is already set up under a different Ring account. If this device was purchased brand new, is there any chance your friend may have two Ring accounts, or did you attempt to set the Doorbell up under your account at any point? A Ring device can only be set up under one Ring account, and that account is then the owner of the device. You can find more information on how ownership of Ring devices works in our Help Center Article here.

If you aren’t able to locate the original account used to set up the Ring device, I’d suggest following up with our support team to see what options are available. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t expect any help from Ring support on this. I have the same issue with a second hand device.

There is literally zero sympathy or support from Ring in these circumstances.

I explained the original owner account is obviously lost or forgotten but they just don’t want to rectify it.

Either I get in contact with the original owner (I purchased through a reseller so have no idea how I would do that) or I cut my losses and buy a new device.

I was however offered 30% off the cost of a brand new device, which is convenient considering that was already decided as the next course of action…

Ring aren’t budging on it in the online chat support, would I have any better luck with the phone support team ?

Surely someone has the authority to remove a device from registration to allow it to be used by a new user and owner of a second hand device. I wouldn’t mind if I had to jump through hoops and wait for the security checks to be completed if it got the end result.

I have a perfectly functional device, but it’s unusable because of red tape…

Please, give me some contact info. We are located in Sweden and I would like to have an support email or a chat, not a chat robot. I got this number 00 800 8700 978 - a number that was wrong - nothing happened.

I called the “Swedish” number but still had to talk to a customer support in English, who did not understand the problem.

Unfortunately, the contact with RING is so bad that I can not recommend it to anyone else. Why did RING remove email support?

My friend does not speak English and is not good at computer.

As You said - support but no help!

This RING was bought in the first place - nothing used.

They had email support for some years ago, but not anymore…