Ring Alarm will not deactivate by putting code into keypad

My ring alarm system works perfectly when activated and deactivated through the app. However, my alarm Base station occasionally does not deactivate when the code in entered through the keypad, causing the alarm to ring. This has happened multiple times, and I have only had the alarm system for 3 months. The keypad sits only an inch or 2 from the base station, so it is not because the keypad is out of range. I mention this because I have read other messages about moving the keypad closer. This is becoming on issue when my kids get home before I do and they attempt to deactivate the alarm using the keypad. Please help!

Hi @user39607. I’d suggest resetting your Keypad and adding it back onto your system to clear up and performance or communication issues the Keypad is having. You can find steps to reset your Keypad here. Just scroll down and click the link that matches the Keypad you have. If that doesn’t resolve this, you can follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.