Ring alarm use

Have Protect Pro. Easy question.
Ring Pro gives an audible tone when it detects a suspected intrusion. That audible alarm is from the base and a notification is sent to an iPhone. My android phone receives no notification. I see no settings on my phone to allow/prohibit a notification. What am I missing?

Hi @requiredusername. Are you referring to a push notification when your Ring Alarm system is alarming? You can find some troubleshooting steps for notifications on Android in this Help Center article. It’s also important to make sure that the Ring app has permission to send notifications. This can be controlled in your phone’s settings under the Ring app.

If these troubleshooting steps don’t help resolve this concern, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the reply. I get every other Ring notification so I’m inclined Ring notification settings isn’t a problem. Nonetheless, I’ll check out your link.

OK, checked your links. All settings are correct. Remember, I get ALL notifications accurately and quickly EXCEPT Ring Protect. I can arm alarms and open an exterior door (monitored by Ring Protect), I get a notification the door was opened and closed. I get no notification Ping Protect has detected an intrusion. The Ring hub sounds, but nothing on my phone.

@requiredusername In that case, you will need to follow up with our support team for further assistance if you are not receiving a notification when the Ring Alarm is alarming. The information I shared usually covers any issues that would cause notifications to not come through, but our support team can assist with more in-depth troubleshooting assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.