Ring alarm system owner transfer

I was wondering if someone was able to help me. I bought a brand new ring alarm system for my new house. After opening it and attempting to install it, it keeps giving me a prompt saying that the device is already registered to another account even though it’s brand new. fast forward a few days, i find out that someone bought it and returned it before finishing installation but I am not sure who it is. I called the service number and they said that in order to get it to work, the previous owner has to remove the device from their account. only problem is i do not know who the previous owner is and they cannot see it in the system. i cannot return the system as it was on sale, and don’t want to be out money for this if anyone is able to help!!!

would resetting it remove previous account information?

thanks in advance!!!

Hi @jpillar3. I’m sorry to hear about what happened here, but the best course of action for an ownership concern like this is to contact our support team for further assistance. The Community is meant for neighbor-to-neighbor interaction and is public-facing, so we aren’t able to dive into account specific concerns like this, but our support team can. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and provide them with all of the information you shared here so they can determine what solution works best in this case. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.