Ring Alarm system - external siren or trigger floodlight sirens when alarm goes off?

Hi All

A couple of questions:

1. with a ring alarm system, is there a external siren we can buy or any third party ones which are known to work well?
  2. If the only option is to buy a floodlight camera, will the floodlight siren trigger automatically when the alarm siren goes off?

Thanks

Hey @marcster. You can buy an additional dome siren from our website here. In addition, if you also need a camera, buying a Floodlight Cam or Spotlight Cam with a siren would be beneficial, as you would have the integration set up with your alarm so that the camera can record AND siren whenever your alarm goes off, instead of just the additional Dome Siren that makes the noise. If you just need another siren though and no additional cameras, the Dome Siren is a great idea! You can learn more about the camera’s siren being linked to the Alarm in our Community Article here. :slight_smile:

Thank you @Chelsea_Ring , but I cannot find the dome on the UK site, also I need a external siren, Dome is indoor only right?

Hi there, @marcster. The Dome Siren is only available for the US and Canada regions, at this time. As you mentioned, the Dome siren is indeed for indoor use only, thus you might like the linked Camera siren solution better. A Camera model that features a siren can be linked to your Alarm in the Ring app, and will sound whenever the Alarm is triggered for a siren. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello @marcster ,

You can link indoor and outdoor Camera sirens to the Ring Alarm siren (but not Ring Video Doorbells) as @Chelsea_Ring described above. For the U.S. and Canada, you can now also pre-order the new Ring External Siren with lights. Expecting shipping to start on 3/31/2021 on these pre-orders.

For in the U.K., I believe Ring will start accepting pre-orders on 3/31/2021 and you can enter your email address to be notified when pre-orders start there.

1 Like