Ring alarm setup issue

I have just purchased the ring alarm with two motion sensors one camera and two door contact sensors all the devices pair up with the base station but the door contact sensor wont one did and first but after removing devices and starting again they both wont pair tried removing the battery in them like the app says but having no joy with them dont know what to do if anyone could help me that be much appreciated

Sorry to hear about this @Alan-b! Please complete the setup on the rest of your devices and ensure your Alarm Base Station and other Alarm devices are connecting. Once complete, try to remove the Contact Sensors again, then attempt to connect them. I recommend doing these one at a time to ensure they can add and update most efficiently. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply I have set up all the other devices and removed the contact sensor tried adding them again several times now even right next to the base station one at a time but it’s just not finding them when I pull the tab out one of them seems to flash a red light some times but neither will pair up after the codes have been scanned

Thanks for the update. The next best step will be to reset your contact sensors. Follow the steps in our help center article to reset your contact sensor which should allow for the setup of these devices. Same as before, please attempt this one sensor at a time. Let’s see how that goes.

Only thing I can see about resetting the contact sensor is to press the tamper button remove the battery and refit the battery and release the switch I’ve tried this and still no joy

1 Like

Those are the correct steps @Alan-b. Thank you for trying this. With this concern persisting, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. They’ll be happy to get you setup! :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem. It shows on the app but waiting connection. I have I believe followed all the advice I can find but still it will not go into the pairing mode.
I have done 2 of these before. I cannot see why this one does not connect