Ring Alarm Problems

This happens few times. I went home from the front door which set to be a main entry with a door sensor, but the alarm system did not start the entry delay. After I entered the house, my keypad still showed away mode. I opened the door again, still no entry delay. After I disarm the alarm and set the away mode to test, it had entry delay. My setting has no problem. This problem happens occasionally, not often

Hi @jiashenglu520. This could be due to the way you have your Mode Settings configured. This Help Center article will go over how to check how you have your Mode Settings configured for each sensor, in each mode and what your Entry Delay/Exit Delay timer is set for. If you are going to test your Ring Alarm with your newly configured Modes, consider switching to Self Monitoring to avoid a false alarm. Be sure to switch back to Professional Monitoring once complete. I hope this helps!

I fully understand these 3 modes and how they do work. My Ring alarm works great at most time. The problem that I described only happened 3 times. Let me describe again. When I entered the house from the main door with door sensor, the alarm just sounded chirp tones. It did not start entry delay, and the away mode was still displayed at that time. This is not right. It supposes play the sounds that remind me to enter the password and disarm.

Hey @jiashenglu520. Thanks for clarifying. If you’ve already configured the Contact Sensors to react accordingly to a Entry Delay but it only played a chirp and not a countdown, it is possible that you might have bypassed the sensor when you armed your system. If the Contact Sensor was bypassed, it will not cause an Entry Delay. If this doesn’t seem to be the case and your Contact Sensor continues to intermittently behave like this, it would be in your best interest to contact our support team to investigate this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.