Ring alarm pro wifi problems

Have had the ring alarm pro with router for about a week now, and having wifi issues. Internet is acting slow and pages not loading on iPhone. I have 1GB speed internet so that should not be an issue. Wondering if Ring has a 100% satisfaction because really want to ask to trade for the basic ring alarm and get a better stand alone router.

Hi @Edycuba. The Ring Alarm Pro Base Station supports speeds up to 900Mbps. This maximum wireless signal rate is derived from IEEE 802.11 standard, and assumes a wired Ethernet connection. The actual experienced speeds may vary based on your network configuration. These coverage estimates are also based on normal use conditions, and the actual range and performance can vary due to factors such as interference, connected devices, device usage, building materials, and obstructions.

If you find that you aren’t receiving the appropriate speeds, I’d recommend getting in touch with your internet service provider to see if everything is set up accordingly. While the Ring Alarm Pro is designed to replace your existing router, there are alternative configuration options that may work for some neighbors. If that doesn’t work for you, and would like to see if there are any return or exchange options available, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

More speed test over wifi

Test over wire connection

I actually agree with the censored user. I keep hoping that Ring will address how poor their router works. It’s really such a shame that they packaged their best, most featured alarm system with a middling at best router. So disappointed!

1 Like

Agreed, with its requirement to be the access router, this device is worthless for me. If I could install it as a secondary router just for security devices it would be OK. Or if it really matched the latest high performance mesh systems.

Actually reading some other topics it looks like there is a solution. You can install this device as a secondary router using the double NAT’ing approach described by Ring support. So even if the network with the security devices is a bit slow, the main network with a more modern router will be plenty fast.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.