Ring alarm pro "loses power" wile still plugged in

Twice now my Ring alarm pro has “lost power” and gone into back up mode while still plugged in. The only way I found to wake the alarm up is by powering the system off and on. Alarm is plugged into an APC UPS , and power to the house has not been lost. Because the Pro is required to be the main router (bad concept!!) I lose all network connectivity when the battery runs out. Being powered via a UPS, this unit has never lost mains power.

1 Like

Hi @wallacere1. I agree that trying a different outlet is a good first move. If this problem persists, definitely reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Did you find a solution to this problem. Mine powered off last night and it is plugged into an apu as well. Ring support was 0 help telling me my system is fine. Alarm powered off again 45 minutes after cell ended my home is automation is completely dead. Very bad design Putting your eggs in one basket.