Ring Alarm Paid and Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave thermostat ring alarm modes

We have the ring alarm system and a Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave. I have the Z-Wave Thermostat connected to the ring and I can goto the ring app and change temp and all functions of the thermostat.

The Issue is that when we arm the ring alarm and disarm the thermostat does not change modes to away or home.

Has anyone got this to work properly?

Hi @Johnringis. The Modes feature doesn’t apply to Works With Ring devices such as a thermostat. The Modes feature allows you to control how your Ring devices behave based on which Mode you have selected, but there are no additional features for third-party devices that can be controlled via Modes.

You’re welcome to add any suggestions for new features or updates to our Feature Request board. I would recommend searching your idea on the Feature Request board first to see if another neighbor has the same idea before posting yours as well. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Yes the ring system is very lacking in alot features and the app is very slow and unresponsive 90% of the time. We are looking into a different alarm system. I already installed a Dahua NVR Camera system and will replace the ring system next. The Ring system is not ready for prime time yet needs alot of work to be a secure trustworthy alarm and camera system.

Very poor integration and feature set with the Honeywell T6 Z-Wave thermostats. Once the thermostats are connected to the Z-Wave controller, you lose the functionality of placing temperature On Hold from the thermostat…and that feature doesn’t exist in the Ring “thermostat” part of the app. Honeywell’s suggestion is to turn all schedules off, set temp, then turn back on…can only be done from the thermostat. In the past, while traveling away from home, I like to use my mobile apps (Total Connect) to place my thermostats on permanent “HOLD”…then put back on schedule the same day I return. This is impossible with the T6Z and Ring integration.

1 Like

Hi @JLRing. Thank you for this feedback, as we are always working to improve the experience within the Ring app. As Caitlyn suggested, this would be a great addition to our Feature Request Board.

The T6 Pro Thermostat is supposed to be programable with a weekly schedule. The Honeywell site says this will be controlled by the Z-Wave controller, which is the Ring app right? I cannot find anywhere on the Ring app nor on the online Ring site to set up a thermostat schedule. Is this not possible to do unless i disconnect from the ring app?

Hi @8Bucks. You can not program a schedule for the T6 thermostat using the Ring app. You are able to adjust the temperature, change from heat to cool, and turn on and off the fan all from the Ring app. You can reach out to Honeywell support for further assistance on programming a schedule for their device.

Just chatted with Honeywell and said i this thermostat goes through a z-wave panel and I would have to work with them. That would be Ring correct?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.