Ring Alarm offline for Shared User only

Hello All,

I just installed a Ring Alarm today and as the owner I have access from my Android phone and can use all of the features of the Alarm.

However, when I add a shared user who currently has access to a Ring Floodlight and Ring Stickup Camera then the Alarm does not appear in their dashboard on their Android phone. When I look at Devices from the menu their “Alarm Base Station” appears as “Offline” whereas it appears as “Online” for me and I can confirm it is working.

Any ideas why this is?

PS. Their PIN code can disarm the alarm from the keypad OK.

Thanks.

@scoobysnax wrote:

Hello All,

I just installed a Ring Alarm today and as the owner I have access from my Android phone and can use all of the features of the Alarm.

However, when I add a shared user who currently has access to a Ring Floodlight and Ring Stickup Camera then the Alarm does not appear in their dashboard on their Android phone. When I look at Devices from the menu their “Alarm Base Station” appears as “Offline” whereas it appears as “Online” for me and I can confirm it is working.

Any ideas why this is?

PS. Their PIN code can disarm the alarm from the keypad OK.

Thanks.

Hi @scoobysnax ,

After you added this Shared User, did you go back into your “Owner” App and grant permission for this Share User to access your alarm? Double-check . . . Main menu > Control Center > Shared Users > select location to manage > select the Shared Users Name > enable toggle to grant app access and then remember to click “Save” (upper-tight corner).

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I did this and the shared user still is only seeing the alarm station as offline

Hi @Carstinhao. Try having your Shared User uninstall the Ring app, reboot their phone, then reinstall the Ring app. This will clear the cache and ensure the Ring app is running on the latest app version. Also, be sure that locations services is enabled for the Ring app. I hope this helps!

I’m having this same issue and none of the options mentioned here have solved the issue.

Hi @Aberk. If you have attempted the steps given in the previous replies with no resolution. I would recommend giving our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I am the “shared user”, I changed my phone and I started having this issue after reinstalling the Ring app on my new device, I tried all the steps above and nothing worked, the base station was still showing offline on my phone, but was online and fine on the main users phone. After messing with it for a few days I went into the app and “home” armed the alarm, then disarmed it seconds later, when I went into devices on the app after that the base station was showing online, I did this while I was in the house connected to the home wi-fi network, doing this seems to have solved the issue for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.