Ring Alarm not working with hidden wifi network

Hi All,

I’ve got a couple of cameras and a doorbell from Ring and it’s been good so far. Based off this, I picked up the Ring Alarm, which seems to be a great system but has no ability to connect to Hidden networks.

I’ve managed to get it connected to the network when it is wired, and with the wifi set to broadcast the SSID, but I prefer to keep my network low profile with the SSID off. I have even tried connecting to the visible network, then making it hidden, but the alarm drops connection and it remains on 3g/4g. Taken from this solution for hidden SSIDs.

I have not had any problems with the other products, and I have spent some time attempting to get this configuration working.

Please advise on this, seems like strange issue to have when your other products are fine.

Thanks

Tristan

Hi @UK_TR. If you’re trying to connect your Ring Alarm to your hidden network, you want to verify your router settings meet the requirements our Devices need in order to connect. You also want to make sure you are disconnecting your Ethernet cable from the Base Station when trying to connect to your hidden network. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.