Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd gen) Network / Battery Lights do not seem to be available on keypad supplied

Looked at the Ring document “Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd gen) Lights and Buttons Explained” and on the keypad I do not appear to have the network / battery lights!!

Am I missing something ??

Hi there, @Evobish! It sounds like you are referencing this Help Center article, in which there should be an area where those indicators will illuminate as explained there. Please ensure also that your Keypad button layout matches that one. Please note that these lights will only illuminate if you have a wifi issue, during the wifi connection / pairing process, and/ or if you need to charge the battery. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The keypad layout on my device matches the “Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd gen) Lights and Buttons Explained” document except these two lights are not shown. Are you saying that Ring supply differing keypads to the document. If so that is not very sensible!!!

Wait for your reply

Hi @Evobish. Would you be able to share a picture of the Keypad you have? As Marley mentioned, the Network/Battery lights will only illuminate under specific circumstances.

Additionally, you can always remove the Keypad from your system, factory reset it and add it again. During this process, you should see the Network/Battery lights temporarily illuminate and you can confirm they’re operation.

1 Like

Hi Ring support.

My keypad isnt lighting up the keys in any of the 3 settings. It is plugged in and there is no battery saving mode anywhere for the keypad as far as I can see. It used to work (kinda) but the I changed for another of the 3 options and after that it was gone forever.
I read all the help sections witjout any luck.

Hi @user68716. I’m not sure which generation of Keypad you have, so I will share information for both. If you have a 1st Generation Keypad, we have a breakdown of the lights and the power saving mode here. For the 2nd Generation Keypad, please reference this article for that information. Please note that you’ll need to be the owner of the Ring Keypad in order to adjust any power or light settings.

If you’ve reviewed the settings but the lights still aren’t behaving as expected, we do have some troubleshooting steps you can try. You can find these steps for 1st Generation Keypads here, and for 2nd Generation Keypads here. Should the lights still not work as expected after trying all the above, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. Make sure you’re requesting to speak with the Ring alarm team specifically.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.