Ring alarm arming/disarming notification show as UTC time on iPhone

Hi, I am seeing one annoying behavior on the Ring alarm and that is whenever I disarm or arm the alarm, I will get the notification for the action. However, the time stamp that it shows is UTC time zone rather then my local time zone. Is there any way to modify this? For example it would say “Ring Alarm in Home changed to Disarm at 12/09/21 04:12 PM UTC from keypad by John Smith” I would like to see if this can be changed. Any ideas?

1 Like

The Alarm Alerts and Ring app display should show in your time zone. Please ensure your mobile device settings are set for desired location/ time settings, the Alarm itself is setup/ registered at the proper address, and there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

If this concern persists, our support team is happy to take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This does not work. :weary:

Hi @Mom31. Can you please share a screenshot showing what you see when you arm or disarm your Ring Alarm system? I tested this out on my own system and the notification shows my current date and time without a specific timezone listed.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m having the same problem. All my Ring notifications have the time zone as UTC. Very annoying.

Hi @D3pmuller. If you have tried the steps mentioned by @Marley_Ring and are still having the same concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

**I tried those steps and even contacted ring and STILL months later , it shows the time in a UTC timezone!! **

Hi @Mom31. One more step you can try is to verify your address in the Ring app. Tap the menu in the top left > Settings > Address > Edit Address. Follow the prompts, which will have you temporarily swap to Self Monitored. When you are typing your address into the address field, make sure to select an option from the drop down menu. Double-check that the address is displayed correctly before proceeding. If that still doesn’t resolve this, you will need to follow up with our support team for further assistance, as the Ring Community is a public forum and we don’t have access to account details.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.