Ring Alarm and Doorbell Pro - Laggy / Horribly Delayed Notifications

For the last five days, multiple segments of my ring security and notification system have demonstrated extreme lag or delays in getting the notification out to my phone. We’re talking walking right by the doorbell and not getting a notice until 15 or 10 minutes later. And as far as the alarm goes, if you open a sensored door, you hear the chirp immediately, but a notification doesn’t make its way to you on your phone for 10 to 15 minutes.

I’ve already done a full system shutdown power off and restart. This did not resolve the problem. As far as my Wi-Fi and network goes, it is a mesh system that has worked flawlessly for the better part of 2 years, RSSI values have consistently measured very good and do so even now.

Just trying to dump this on Wi-Fi will not be an adequate solution from ring. I might I might point out once again that the chirp from a door sensor is received at the base station or at the keypad immediately (that’s the Z-Wave Network and it’s working fine). The bottlenecke or delay must be somewhere in the base station or in some other central system issue causing this inability to handle notifications promptly.

Additionally I have power cycled my cell phone numerous times with no resolution to the problems.

Hi there, @Fortium! You’ve covered all the best steps to narrow this down. If possible, test out notifications on another mobile device entirely. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled.

If this concern persists, it may require a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.